Advertise with Us
Join our circles of trust.
edible South Florida reaches exactly the people you want to reach: loyal folks who are passionate about supporting our local community, searching out the products, services and places that satisfy their discerning tastes. They trust us to connect them to what they care about.
Call us today about advertising and tapping into our powerful social media.
edible South Florida taps into what people care about right now – sustainable living, local food, chefs and restaurants, food artisans, healthy school lunches, community gardens, craft beer and spirits, being green.
As the voice of the local food movement, edible South Florida is the ideal way to reach affluent, engaged consumers who support local businesses.
20,000 copies of this full-color free quarterly publication are published each season: January (Winter), April (Spring), July (Summer) and October (Fall). They’re delivered to Broward, Miami-Dade and Monroe counties. We choose our distribution points carefully, with dedicated display crates at Whole Foods Markets and Milam's Markets; farmers markets, restaurants, markets, retailers and attractions; tourist and visitor attractions; and events like South Beach Wine & Food Festival, the Burgie Awards, annual Redland GrowFest, to name a few.
And many readers choose to subscribe! Each issue, you reach well over 60,000 readers. (Pass-along readership). As an advertiser, you get edible South Florida to give to your customers. They’ll thank you and come back for more!
Your ad will be in a high-quality publication surrounded by quality editorial – not amid a clutter of ads for strip clubs or sleazy massage parlors. We’re more than just a print magazine. When you advertise, you’ll be part of our social network: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram. And we’re part of an award-winning family of publications – Edible Communities – that represents the thoughtful voice of the local food movement in 80+ regions in the United States and Canada.
Call us today!
OUR EDITORIAL CONTENT
In edible South Florida, your message is surrounded by high-quality articles and columns our readers look forward to in every issue.
- Calendar of Events, Farmers Markets
- Liquid Assets: Uncapping Beer, Sharp Tongue (Wine), Tropical Tippling
- Edible Artisan
- Extension Connection
- The Edible Gardener
- What’s in Season
- Farm to Table
- Road Trip
- Sustainable Living
- Last Bite
- Contributions from renowned chefs, including Michael Schwartz, Maricel Presilla, Norman Van Aken
- Thoughtful coverage on food deserts, school, urban and community gardens
- Local people in the food movement
- Original, captivating photography from gifted staff photographers
- Enlightening restaurant, food- and drink-related stories … and much more
Award-winning Content and Photography
- 2013: Florida Magazine Association Silver Award for Best Overall Publication (Consumer: 20,000 circulation)
- 2012: FMA Charlie Awards for Best Overall Publication (Consumer 20,000 circulation) and Best Use of Photography
- 2011: FMA Bronze Award for Best Column for columnist Dr. Richard Campbell’s Sustainable Living
- 2011: The James Beard Foundation honored edible South Florida and the nearly 70 other titles publishing within the Edible Communities network of regional food magazines as 2011 Publication of the Year
High season: Major events include South Beach Wine & Food Festival, Key West Food & Wine Festival, Art Basel, farmers markets, chefs and restaurants
Fermenting, planning the warm-weather garden, sustainable showcase, botanical gardens, spring festivals, Keys treasures
Tropical fruits, Miami Spice restaurant month, ethnic cuisine, South Florida heritage, healthy school lunches, sweet potatoes
Community gardens, Dine Out Lauderdale, stone crabs, craft beers, school gardens, holiday gift guide, Old Florida cookbooks
OUR READERSHIP & DEMOGRAPHICS
Our readers are champions of local, independent businesses. They have a passion for wines and craft beers, gardening, food artisans, attending events and festivals, travel and being involved in the community. They’re always learning. They’re fiercely loyal. They’re exactly the readers you want to reach: Millennials. Women 35-54. Food adventurers of all ages.
They’re young, old, in between.
- Age 34 and under 19%
- 35-54 46%
- 55 and older 35%
- Income under $50,000 13%
- $50,000-99,000 29%
- $100,000-150,000 19%
- Over $151,000 13%
They take action as a result of reading edible South Florida:
- Bought a product or service 75%
- Attended an event or festival 85%
- Visited a restaurant, supermarket or market 94%
They know what they want.
- 94% agree it’s very important they they know where their food comes from
- 64% agree that buying and using local products is important
- 81% prefer going to restaurants featuring local and
- sustainable products
- 85% want to know how to live environmentally responsible lives
- 77% try to make green choices
- 70% make it a point to shop at businesses that are green or offer eco-friendly products and services
*Source: Online readership survey conducted November 2012
OUR DISTRIBUTION - Where to Find Us
20,000* copies are delivered to Broward, Miami-Dade and Monroe and go to subscribers. We choose our distribution points carefully, with dedicated display crates at:
- Whole Foods Markets
- Restaurants, shops, farmers markets
- Events and festivals like South Beach Wine & Food Festival, the Burgie Awards, street fairs
- Other local businesses
Each issue, you reach well over 60,000 readers.* And while we are a free publication, many of our readers choose to subscribe so they don’t miss an issue.
*Pass-along readership estimate
As an advertiser, you get edible South Florida to give to your customers. They’ll thank you and come back for more
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA
Share Our Great Social Media Connections
At edible South Florida, we love connecting one-on-one with our followers on Twitter (@EdibleSoFla), Facebook and Instagram. Best of all, folks love connecting with us! We’re influential when it comes to South Florida, food, markets, restaurants, gardens, beer and recipes. Our followers take action. And if you’re new to the social media community, we’ll be delighted to show you how to join in the conversation and grow your business.
OUR MARKETING PROGRAMS
Create Your Marketing Plan with edible South Florida
Some forms of traditional print publications are struggling amid the online explosion. But regional magazines with a strong sense of what they stand for, a devoted readership and an integrated marketing program are thriving.
edible South Florida is one of those publications.
Our Digital Offerings
We’re active on Twitter every day, interacting with many of our 22,000+ followers (April 2016). We regularly tweet about our advertisers and their events.
Our Facebook fans continue to grow! Here, we share links, events and stories with our readers.
Instagram is our favorite way to share visual stories.
Our website tells the whole story. There’s a fully interactive digital edition of the current issue, our blog where we cover current events and share happenings, our ever-growing collection of recipes, advertiser information and a handy, up-to-date farmers markets map feature.
We can help you with sponsoring and promoting food, wine and beer festivals, special dinners, cook-offs and throwdowns.
OUR RATES & SPECS
Call us today!