Edible Book Contest entry (Photo: Coconut Grove Branch Library)
What Does Your Favorite Book Taste Like?
Create an edible display inspired by your favorite book, author, cover art or character, including comics and manga. Enter the Coconut Grove Branch Library Edible Book Contest and bring your creation for judging Sat., May 20. Categories include Funniest/Punniest, Most Appetizing and Most Creative and all entries must be made of edible materials. Your entry must be made of edible materials*. Registration is required.
Visitors will vote for the winner in:
*Best in Show – Family Entry
*Best in Show Group Entry
Judges will determine the winning entries in each of these three categories:
1. You must be 12 years or older to participate. Those 11 years or younger who wish to participate may submit a Family Entry.
2. You must register by May 13, 2017, in order to submit an entry.
3. The entry must be related to anything having to do with books (title, character, cover art, format etc.).
4. Entries less than 15 inches tall must be made out of edible materials only. They don't have to be tasty, they just have to be made out of food.
*Entries 15 inches and taller may use non-edible materials such as PVC pipe or wire. The non-edible materials cannot exceed 10% of your total entry and cannot be visible. This is allowed for structural purposes only.
5. You must bring your creation to the Coconut Grove Branch Library, 2875 McFarlane Road, on Saturday, May 20, 2017, between noon – 1:30 p.m. Late entries will not be accepted.
6. Judging and photography will take place from 2 – 3 p.m.
May 20, 2017 2:00 PM-3:00 PM
Location: Coconut Grove Branch Library | 2875 McFarlane Rd., Miami, FL 33133
Admission: Free. To register contact 305-442-8695.