- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pit removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 15-oz. can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed, or 2 cups cooked
- 1 lime, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- ½ stalk celery, diced
- 1 green onion, white and green parts, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley or cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Place avocado in a medium mixing bowl. Mash slightly and set aside.
Put chickpeas into a food processor or blender, and pulse 2 or 3 times just to break up beans (do not puree). Add to mashed avocado. Add lime juice, celery, onion and herbs and mix well to incorporate. Mixture should be a creamy, chunky consistency similar to egg salad. Add salt and pepper to taste.