If you’re new to cooking, don’t fret. You can make these tried-and-true basics with limited equipment and space.
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce hearts (bagged variety is OK)
- 2 ripe avocados, pit removed, flesh scooped out, broken up with a spoon
- 6 ribs celery, chopped rough
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios or pumpkin seeds, shelled
- Big handful basil leaves, about 1 cup, washed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Bragg liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon local honey Freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss gently to combine. Fix the dressing.
Combine all ingredients in a Ball jar with a lid. Shake well. Pour dressing over salad and toss well.