- 1 recipe pate brisee for single-crust pie
- 1 quart strawberries, hulls removed and cut in half vertically
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, optional
- 3 tablespoons guava jelly
Bake tart crust according to recipe and cool completely on rack. Before serving, whip cream in cold bowl just until soft peaks form – do not overbeat. If you want to sweeten the cream, add powdered sugar before beating. Spread on crust. Arrange strawberries atop cream. Heat guava jelly until it melts, then brush gently atop berries. Serve immediately.