- 1 lb. Florida wahoo, fresh and great quality
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup red onions, sliced thinly
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thinly
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Make sure to buy extremely fresh fish. If wahoo is not available, great substitutions would be snapper, corvina, halibut or a mild white fish. Clean the fish by removing any skin and blood lines. Cut fish into small dice or almost minced. Put the fish into a bowl, squeeze the lime juice and add all the vegetables. Mix and season with salt and pepper. Finish by adding the olive oil and quickly mixing together.
Serve in a bowl with ice underneath.