- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 red onion, small diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 4 ears of corn, shucked, kernels cut off the cob (reserve the cobs)
- 6 vine-ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and small diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, rough chopped
- 1 quart beef stock
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds fresh Florida shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1/2 pound baby arugula
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
Heat a large saute pan with half of the olive oil; add onion and jalapeno and saute until onions are translucent. Add corn and saute until corn begins to caramelize. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add garlic, cook for another 1 minute, then add tomatoes, beef stock and corn cobs. Bring to a simmer and reduce liquid by half. Remove corn cobs. Add parsley and cilantro and 2 tablespoons butter; adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Turn off heat and cover the pan with a lid.
In another saute pan, add the remaining olive oil and season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp to the pan, cooking each side for 1-2 minutes, then flip to cook the other side. Add remaining butter and swirl pan to coat the shrimp. Remove from the heat. Pour the sauce into a large serving dish, then lay the shrimp on top and garnish the plate with the baby arugula and lemon wedges.