Summertime in South Florida means mangos! Here are some of the best ways to put those backyard mangos to work.
- 1 large mango or 2 small mangos, ripe but not overripe, in 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 sweet onion (Vidalia or Walla Walla), or red onion, finely diced
- 1 1-inch knob peeled garlic, grated, with juice
- 1 lime, juiced
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/2 jalapeño, finely minced (or more or less to taste)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
Combine all ingredients. Adjust seasonings to taste. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.