- 6 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup nuts and seeds: chopped walnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, flaxseed
- ¼ cup local honey
- ¼ cup vegetable or coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup dried fruits (raisins, papaya, mango, coconut, dried bananas, dried cranberries, dates, etc.)
Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment. In a large bowl, combine oats, nuts and seeds, and coconut if you are using it. In another bowl, combine honey, oil, salt and optional cinnamon. Pour liquid over oat mixture and combine well. Pour onto baking sheet and spread to form an even layer. Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is golden brown. Remove from oven and cool. Stir in dried fruits. Store in airtight container or zip-top bag.