- Romaine, broken into bite-size pieces
- Endives, broken into bite-size pieces
- Hearts of palm, sliced in thin disks
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 egg*
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil Salt and pepper to taste
Combine Dijon mustard and egg. Whisk in wine vinegar. Gradually whisk in oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss well with romaine, endives and hearts of palm.
About this recipe
*This recipe calls for raw egg, which may increase your risk of foodborne illness. This was not a concern in 1981, when Caesar salads were popular menu choices. Today, you can substitute pasteurized egg.