- 4 ounces (½ cup) Martin Miller’s Gin
- 1½ ounces (3 Tbsp.) fresh lemon juice 1½ ounces (3 Tbsp.)
- Cranberry Ginger Syrup (recipe follows)
- 1½ ounces (3 Tbsp.) pasteurized or organic egg white
- 1 cup ice
- Garnish: candied ginger and cranberry on a pick (optional).
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 4 tsp. finely grated orange zest
- 4 tsp. finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
Cranberry Ginger Syrup: Place ingredients into a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Simmer for 1 minute, then turn off heat. Let steep for 30 minutes. Then strain through a fine mesh strainer, pressing out the cranberries. Store in a pretty bottle refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Makes about 20 ounces or enough for 12 cocktails.
Make the Cocktail: Measure cocktail ingredients in a blender with ice. Blend on high until ice is totally blended and drink is frothy. Pour into coupe glasses. Garnish with candied ginger and cranberry on a pick if desired.
Credit: Kathy Casey for Martin Miller’s Gin