- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small sweet onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh shelled or frozen spring or baby peas
- 1 cup packed sorrel leaves, chopped
- 6 cups organic vegetable broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche or sour cream
- 3 sorrel leaves, cut into chiffonade (long, thin strips)
Melt butter in a 4-quart saucepan on medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes until they become translucent. Add the potatoes, peas, sorrel leaves and broth.
Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. In a blender or food processor, puree soup, in batches, if necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide soup into soup bowls and garnish with cream and sorrel.