- 1 2 1/2-3-inch piece ginger root
- 1 3-inch piece turmeric
- 1 small shallot, peeled
- 2-3 medium cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon (heaping) sriracha sauce
- Juice of one large lemon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into
- 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil large carrots, shredded
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 large or 2 small head Boston Bibb or butter lettuce, leaves separated, cleaned and dried
Using the small holes of a grater, finely grate ginger, turmeric, garlic and shallot into a large glass mixing bowl. Add Bragg, sriracha, lemon juice, water and whisk to incorporate. Add chicken strips and toss well to coat with marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for at least 30 minutes up to 2 hours in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally to make sure the chicken is coated.
Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add chicken and sauté in a single layer; turning pieces with a spatula as they cook. Continue stirring until chicken is cooked through, about 15-20 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and transfer to a serving dish; cover to keep warm.
To serve, place 4-5 chicken strips inside a lettuce leaf. Top with approximately 1/2 tablespoon of shredded carrots and sprinkle with a pinch of cilantro.
Leftovers will keep in the fridge for two days.