- 3 fresh corn on the cob, kernels removed from husk
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 fresh salmon filets
- Salt, pepper and dill to taste
- Olive oil for drizzle
For the corn salsa:
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. If the corn salsa needs more acidity, add more lime juice. If it needs more sweetness, add more honey. The key is to have a balance between the acidity and sweetness. Using the corn raw will give you a delicious light sweetness and added crunch.
For the salmon:
Season salmon to taste.
Heat a medium nonstick pan, drizzle with olive oil, and place the salmon skin side down. Cook for 3 minutes or until skin is crisp and golden brown. This will give a nice crisp to the salmon.
Flip the salmon filet and cook on the other side until fully cooked, about 4 minutes.
Serve with the Summer Corn Salsa and a lemon wedge.