Miami Open: Serving Up Local Eats
As the Miami Open presented by Itaú kicks off Mar. 20 for its two-week run on Key Biscayne, tennis lovers will get to taste South Florida, from lechon asado to handcrafted gelato pops to ceviche and fresh mojitos. Some highlights of what's on the menu:
Miami Open Food Court
• Puntino Pizzeria, a Key Biscayne favorite, features traditional pizza Napoletana, meatball sandwiches and pastas.
• Latin Café and Bacardi Bar features dishes like Arroz con Camarones and Lechon Asado, plus specialty Bacardi mojitos and other cocktails.
• Sushi Maki is making sushi, sashimi and salads, including Tuna Tacos, Dragon-Shrimp Tempura and Maine Lobster Roll.
• The Knife is serving ceviche, housemade choripan, empanadas and signature steak sandwiches, including the Lomito and the Malanga.
• The Market Place offers farm greens and local ingredients delivered fresh daily so guests can make their own salad.
Other food court hotspots include Ben & Jerry’s Sweet Shop; Burrito Workshop for building your own burritos and bowls; Crepe Express for sweet and savory crepes, Grey Goose Lounge for cocktails, Moët & Chandon Champagne and Sushi Lounge, and Juan Valdez Café.
Restaurants and Lounges
• The Eatery by The Knife New for 2017, The Eatery features traditional charcoal-grilled Argentinean style meats, such as homemade Argentinean sausages and pincanha.
• Collectors Club Fresh food from South Florida farms and producers is incorporated into small plates, sushi, sandwiches, entrees, sides and desserts. Available to Collectors Club Members only. Call 305-442-3367 for membership details.
• Patron Lounge overlooking stadium court serves up drinks and snacks, available to patron sponsors.
• Stadium Suites For a taste of the suite life – including food, beverages and service in air-conditioned comfort, and a private outdoor covered seating area with a bird’s eye views of the matches, contact the Sponsor Department at 305-446-2200.
• King of Racks' BBQ favorites include ribs, chicken, pulled pork tacos.
• Moty’s Grill makes Mediterranean favorites, including falafel, kafta, shawarma and kebabs.
• Mulberry1965 Pizza In Fuga is your source for Neapolitan-inspired pizza made with San Marzano tomatoes and housemade mozzarella, cooked in an authentic wood-fired brick oven.
Around the Stadium
• Bacardi Bars are located througout the tournament grounds for refreshing Mojitos and Cuba Libres.
• Food Carts offer snacks like arepas, gyros, roasted nuts and freshly squeezed lemonade.
• Stadium Concessions feature quick bites — hot dogs, wraps, ice cream, chips, cookies, fruit and soft drinks.