- 6 large carrots, washed, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1½-2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh pepper, finely ground
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Roasted Garlic Dipping Sauce (see recipe, left)
Preheat oven to 450°. To cut carrots: Trim tops and bottoms; peel and slice in half crosswise to separate thick and narrow parts. Halve or quarter thick parts lengthwise until all pieces are roughly the same size to ensure even cooking. In a mixing bowl, toss cut carrots with oil and seasonings. Spread out in a single layer on two large rimmed baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Roast until tender and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating baking sheets and tossing fries halfway through baking time.