Dress up your holiday dinner table with these festive plant-based dishes. They’re elegant and filled with flavor.
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored, cut into large chunks
- 2 Fuji apples, peeled and cored and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
In a large saute pan over medium high heat, melt coconut oil. Add apples and cook, stirring, for 7 to 10 minutes. Add brown sugar, garam masala, salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 to 7 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the cider and vinegar. Cook until apples are tender and glazed, about 10 minutes.